Photon Traversal brings the power of Photon to the Traversal module.
Photon Traversal tightly integrates Photon by automatically syncronizing all types of obstacles, climbables and players
There are three main objects in the Photon Traversal sub-module.
- Traversable Registry: A configuration object which contains all Traversable objects that are required for your game to run.
- Traversal Character Network: A component required to syncronize all traversable character actions.
- Climbable Network: A component required to syncronize the climbable actions of an object.
- Obstacle Network: A component required to syncronize the obstacle actions of an object.
- Graple Hook Network: A component required to syncronize the graple hook actions of an object.
Setting up the Photon Traversal sub module is a fairly straight forward process after you learn how to use the Photon module and Traversal module.
The first thing you need is to setup a Traversable Registry component into your scene.
Use the Find All button to look up for all Traversable components on the scene.
Use the Convert to Network to replace all regular single player components to their respective networked version.
Use Convert to Normal to roll them back to the original Traversal components
The final step is to add a Traversable Character Network component to your player prefab and you are good to go.
This component has 2 toggle options:
- Disable With Chat: when this is on and if room chat is open it will disable traversable control inputs.
- Debug: this will throw info messages into the console log just for debugging.