The Photon module comes with a set of Actions that complement Game Creator's. All actions can be used on any other module
Synchronizing Actions it's just as easy as a single click. Once the module it's installed you will notice a new tab called "Network Settings" below the Action's Inspector in order to make this work just go ahead and enabled the option "Sync Actions" that's pretty much it (well that was actually 2 clicks).
(Example of the built-in sync actions inspector)
Allows you connect to the Photon Service, parameters:
- Game Version: this client's version number. Users are separated from each other by game version (which allows you to make breaking changes).
- Methods: this action allows you to connect using 3 different method types:
- UsingSettings: Connect to Photon as configured in the PUN settings
- Region: Connects to the Photon Cloud region of choice.
- BestCloudServer: Connect to the Photon Cloud region with the lowest ping.
Makes this client disconnect from the photon server, a process that leaves any room and calls OnDisconnectedFromPhoton on completion.
Instantiate a prefab over the network. There is 2 types of instantiations:
- Player Object: the owner of the object is the player. Normally when player disconnects all instantiated player objects will be destroyed.
- Scene Object: the owner of the object is the scene. The object will always be there unless someone destroys it.